We have produced a video showing you how to repair an old water tank for use to store water for a garden or allotment
Beating the hosepipe ban
Fact Sheet for repairing a water storage tank to use in the Garden or allotment.
Tools and materials needed;
- For each hole make up two pieces of hard wood at least 30mm larger than the hole to be blocked.
- Drill a hole in the centre of the wooden block to allow the bolt to pass through.
- Spread jointing compound on one face of each of the blocks.
- Place wood blocks on each side of the tank and bolt together.
- When all holes are filled fill the tank with water a test for leaks.
Diagram showing repair assembly